Saturday, January 27, 2007

Picked up new plane tickets

We only have one more step in the paperwork process. We need to pick up Ava's passport at 4:00 pm on Monday.

Thanks to World Child, our adoption agency, the Vietnam and US governments as well as our great travel agent Erle D'Penha from Azumano Travel and my mother in law, we now have a flight back to the US, 5 days earlier than originally booked. We will be home on January 30th. Our flight is supposed to arrive in Syracuse at 9:40 p.m. Yes, we had to pay more money but it is worth it.
We were up late last night working on the travel arrangements with them so it was not much fun to play with Ava when she woke up at 3:30 this morning. She was fully awake and ready to eat 8 oz of formula, change her diapers, and laugh and play - which we did for an hour and a half. I have to admit that she did lay back down until 8:30 a.m. so we did get to sleep some more.

This morning we ventured to the American Airlines Ticket location here in Hanoi to do what we needed to do in person to confirm our flight change. Then we walked the streets for a little while looking at local vendors for gifts to bring home. I think I am finally getting used to the hustle and bustle of the Hanoi streets. The rest of the families went out to "Pottery Village", but we could not go because we wanted to take care of our flight arrangements.

Ava is taking a nap now and Kurt is outside with our video camera taking videos of the streets and the traffic - it is hard to describe in writing and still pictures.
Have a good weekend.

11 comments:

nan said...

What great news!!! You will be home in 2 days!!! And except for the jet lag _ it will feel so good!! Thanks for this wonderful update. Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

how exciting
the journey continues
you are on your way back to the states and we continue to see god's faithfulness with this adoption process. thank you for the daily blog updates they are wonderful
maryann and family

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing all of you. Safe travels.
All our love.
Anthony, Lynn , Emily

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things are going well and that your return date has been bumped up...although it sounds as though you are having an exciting time we are sure that you are anxious to be back in the comfort of home. We look forward to seeing you and hearing more details of your trip. Safe and happy travels.
All our love,
Nate and Laur

Rob said...

Sounds like you have had fun but are ready for home, I wish I could see Ava's face when she sees the snow! We are getting some more tonight, very greasy slippery stuff. Now comes Ava's biggest treat, to be intergrated into home, normalcy and all the advantages she now will enjoy. How lucky she is and will one day realize and how lucky to have this blog to save for her to read some day, Welcome Ava!

Anonymous said...

Kurt, Meg, Ava,
I will try the blog again, I am glad you will be coming home soon. I think you have an old lamp that had a ballest fry. I had your house setter unplug it. Other than that she said the dogs are fine. Kurt make sure you get a good marinade recipe for venison(over there it would be used for cat). Have a safe flight.

Love,
Nick, Marnie, Ashlyn and the X factor

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you! Hope your trip home goes quickly. Lots of Love,Aunt Vic,Uncle David, Kate,& Matt

Beth said...

Kurt,Meg & Ava,
We are so excited that you are coming home sooner than expected! Great news! Hopefully you all can get settled quickly in to a routine at home....your work family can't wait to see Ava in person. She is so beautiful. We are all so thankful for being able to be apart of your journey. Safe travels and see you ALL soon.
Beth & Faye

Anonymous said...

Meg ,Kurt, and sweet Ava,

What a joy it's been to follow you on your journey. Ava is precious. We are so glad that things

are going well for all of you. I love the pictures, and the daily updates. You look so happy

in the pictures. Ava is a darling addition to our family. I am a Grandma again, as you already

heard. Little Gabriel is doing well, and I look forward to seeing him and Julian in March.

Jeff and I look forward to seeing all of you soon. Safe travels home..Love Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

This will be my last entry into the Blog for my new granddaughter to read when she is older. I am so excited for your return to your new home. There are two loving dogs and also two pretty cats waiting there for you, along with many cousins and aunts and uncles. You also have a Great Grandma and two Grandmas...what a lucky girl you are. Your dad has shared with me that someday they would like to return to Viet Nam and show you where you came from and I only hope that I am able to make the trip with you. We are already planning trips to California and Florida to show you and your cousin Emily some of our wonderful parks. It has been wonderful for me to read the daily comments from all your family members and friends of our family and know how much they are part of your journey. As your journey comes to an end you must know how excited I am to meet you for the first time. Fly safe everyone and I will see you Tuesday night at the airport. Love, Grandma Belva

Anonymous said...

Ava,
By the time this gets posted you and your parents will be in the air flying home to the USA. I know of a certain Gramma that's really excited to see you, along with ALL the other relatives. I hope your journey is fast and safe and I know your Mom and Dad will love you to no end! Can't wait to see you.
Love, Uncle Dale and Aunt Barb