Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dr's visit and rest

Today we mostly rested and got to know each other. This morning we went with our facilitator to the doctor to have him look over Ava. She has bronchitis and skin irritations. He gave us the information we needed to treat her. Since she is only 5 months old we wanted to be careful about treating her. Fortunately we had most of the recommended treatments with us thanks to the medical kit that we ordered from Orphan Allies . We walked around the streets a little bit but decided to tuck in for the day. She is eating and processing her food very well. I think we have the diaper changing thing down... We gave her, her first bath. Orphan babies are not submerged in water for baths, so it was a new experience for her. She was very good about it - wiggled around quite a bit but did not scream as I have heard other babies have done. We are told that we will file our Visa application this morning, Wednesday morning at 8. As long as Ava seems up to it, we will probably venture out to do some sight seeing today.

I spoke about another couple adopting from Thai Nguyen in earlier posts. There are actually 6 families (5 from NY state) staying at this hotel with the same agency as us. The other 4 families are adopting from another province, Lang Song, and are leaving in the morning to pick up their babies. The hotel will be full of babies on Wednesday night. I hope their day goes as smoothly as ours did on Monday.

People have responded that the link to the pictures worked - that is good news! Well -I need to go to bed so that I am ready for the next feeding. Good night/afternoon.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurt, Meg, and Ava:
Thank you for calling the other night. I was relieved to hear you had gotten there safely. We are sooooooo happy that you finally have your precious little daughter in your arms. We can not wait to see her. We have been telling Emily all about her. We'll talk soon. All our love.
Anthony, Lynette, and Emily

Anonymous said...

Kurt, Meg and Ava,
I loved your pictures. Two special ones are Meg with sleeping Ava and Kurt with Ava taking her first bath. Kurt I could see the love in your eyes.
Love Neeca

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the pictures and the updates!! Everytime I've needed a pick me up, thinking of all of you has warmed my heart!
Already looking forward to tomorrow's news~
Much love~
Karina

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the continued update. It has lifted our spirits and warmed our hearts. we love the pictures nad have been showing them all day. My mom got to see them today as well. Everyone is falling in love with her. Hope you are getting some rest. Enjoy every minute. We are heading for NYC in the morning but i got a laptop just to keep in the loop with Ava.
love and prayers
Dave, Lori, Shawn and Jonathan

sue said...

Meg, Kurt and Ava,

family - reading your thoughts, and feeling your emotions - bring back the first moments of holding my children - you want to hold them forever - as you wrote, it is one of God's greatest blessing to have chosen a child for us to raise and to love. Be safe, and enjoy -
Love to you "three" - Sue

Anonymous said...

Dear Meg, Kurt, and Ava,
Thank you for keeping everyone up to date on your adventure. Ava is just beautiful and I love the pictures of you holding her for the first time - such joy for you and your families to share such a wonderful time. It reminds me of the birth of Kira and I feel like a "grammie" all over again! Will hope to someday meet her in person.
Best wishes and great joy to all of you for the coming days. Will continue to keep up as you journey home together as a family.
Lots of love,
Pat

Grandma Belva said...

Kurt,Meg and Ava:
I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I loved the pictures and have shared them with everyone. As I sit here at work I am trying think how it could get any better than this...first Emily and now Ava all within a couple of months...I must be living right! My favorite picture is Kurt and Ava after the bath...looks like love at first sight. Please be careful while you are sightseeing. Give my grandbaby a hug and kiss for me. All my love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

We have all enjoyed following your journey and we cannot wait until we get to meet Ava. Safe travels home.
Love,
Aunt Teri, Uncle Paul, Erin, Chrissi & Luke

Anonymous said...

Grandma Belva has been showing the pictures off of her new grandbaby at the office. She told me to take a look at this blog and I think it is so great for you all! She is so cute. When you are in town, you will have to bring her in so we can all see her.

Congratulations!
Melissa

Marc & Wendy said...

We're so excited for you!! We've been living your dream vicariously through the news we get from "Grandma Belva." Take lots of pictures and enjoy your time in Vietnam. We wish you much happiness together as a family. Ava is just beautiful!
Best wishes, Marc & Wendy Cox

Anonymous said...

Kurt, Meg, and Ava,

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! What a lucky little girl Ava is and what lucky people you are to have her join your life! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. They brought tears to our eyes. She sure is a little sweetie pie! We can't wait to meet her on our next visit to NY and see her proud parents.

Love, Lori, Michele, and Julian (and our new little baby boy)

Anonymous said...

Meg, Kurt and Ava,
Wow! What wonderful photos and stories. Ava is beautiful and her parents are glowing! We are so happy for you. Looking forward to the next update. ENJOY!
Love
Laur and Nate

Rob said...

Hi you THREE!! Ava is looking very pretty, her skin is looking better already, no sweat! She looks very content in your pics, she will now enjoy getting use to Moms and Dads heart beat instead of all these different people. Aunt Sharon was just here drooling all over the keyboard, I printed off about a half dozen pictures for her to show off!! Sorry to hear she has a Bronchial infection but at least she will be that much more immune next time, and coming back to NY will test that, we are at near 0 temps now! Take care, watch always and see you soon.
Rob and Family