Today we turned in our I-600, "Petition to classify an orphan as an immediate relative". Ava has been a bit more vocal today (when happy and when not happy). We went out for a walk and to do a little shopping in the surrounding area. We had not purchased any gift items until today - lots of haggling was involved but we found some cool stuff. Ava is very interested in her hands and things dangling above her head so we picked up a mobile for above her crib at the hotel. We rested in our room during the afternoon. We went with four other families out to dinner at Al Fresco's (a Western style restaurant), it was good to eat food more similar to what is found at home.
We checked with our house/dog sitter yesterday and Xena & Topi (our dogs) and Buddy and Snickers (our cats) seem to be doing well.
It looks like the weather at home is kind of snowy and icy. It is chilly here, 60 degrees- I know our family in NY thinks I am crazy saying that, but it is not like at home. If anyone is adopting a baby at this time of year in Hanoi make sure to bring winter clothes for the baby when outside, lots of warm hats, a pair of mittens, and a jacket/sweater/sweatshirt for yourself.
Well, Ava is pretty unhappy so I am going to go now and see if I can help Daddy - I think we pushed her to hard today.
Tomorrow we are going with the group to Halong to see the sea shore.
9 comments:
This is so cool to be able to come on your blog each day and see what you all are up to. It sounds like you're having a good time and and that everything is going smoothly. When you get a chance, send more pictures of Ava.
Dayna
I just love reading about each of your days with Ava. It is absolutely heart warming. Life is good.
Hi Meg and Kurt and Ava!
Your days there sound amazing - thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Nan
Meg,Kurt and Ava,
Yes, we would love more pictures. It is so nice to read your Blog everyday. We are sharing your experiences with you and it is like we are right there with you.
Love Neeca
Meg, Kurt and Ava -- thank you for the daily updates -- I look forward to them -- the best was seeing each of you holding Ava -- Margo
Sounds like all is going well. It was a snowy morning here. Your house looked so pretty on my way into work. If I had my camera I would have snapped and sent a pic so that you could have shown Ava what home looks like. Happy Friday/Saturday! :) Darci
Hi all, we are in a winter wonderland all of the sudden here. At least the rain is gone. The kids and I were out riding 4 wheelers around the yard tonight! How is the babies cold doing? I to would like to see some more pics. Your comments about her watching her hands and things reminds me of my kids, but Breanna in particular, since she was our first. I found it facinating watching them figure things out. They look at the hand, then the object then reach etc... I digress but it brings back vivid memories. Has she just locked up eye contact with either of you and just stared at you and smiled yet? Its funny but you'll remember that forever. Oh another baby in the mix in case you haven't heard, Michele had a 9 lb 4oz. monster! So I guess they are quite pleased. I think it is great that they are siblings!
Meg, Kurt and Ava
Congratulations! It has been exciting to read about your daily adventures with you. We look forward to more.
The Costello'
Mike, Debbie and Jeffrey
Oh how sweet it is! We are all having a wonderful time sharing your joy. Overhead announcements are made a work when a new addition to the site is posted. And all work comes to a halt. Please send more pictures if you can. So happy for you all. You are blessed.
Sheila
Post a Comment