Thursday, January 11, 2007

24 hours and counting

We are getting very excited. This time tomorrow we will be on a plane headed to Vietnam. I think we are ready.

And for my family - yes - We are all packed, we copied all of the important documents and have them packed in our carry on, have a plan for our animals and house, have all of our medical stuff taken care of, have the nursery done and a car seat with snow suit in the car. We remembered bottles, diapers, formula, clothes, toys and many other things for Ava. And, if we forget anything - I am sure we will be o.k. - We love you!

We already know (or have had contact) with six families that will be in Vietnam adopting at the same time as us. I spoke with a few families that returned from VN with their children within the last month. We look forward to wrapping up our last few preparations today so that we can leave before most of you will be awake tomorrow morning. We feel as prepared as we can be. Take care! Thanks for all of your good wishes and please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg & Kurt,
I am so happy and excited for both of you. I can just imagine how you must feel. You both will be wonderful parents. In a few weeks you will have a hard time remembering what life was like without Ava, it is amazing.
My prayers are with all three of you.
Love Neeca

KelleyO said...

Congratulations!!! Keep us posted and have a safe flight.