Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Picked up Ava's passport

First - people have asked for more pictures so here you go - Hong Ngoc Hotel 30-34 and us.

Today (Wednesday) was very quiet. I can't believe that we left Cortland 12 days ago. I am not sure I should even write. Kurt went with Martin to pick up Ava's passport. We found out that our medical exam is on Friday. Which means we won't have our 2nd INS interview until next week. Kurt and Ava went out shopping and purchased some very cute quilted jackets and a couple of Buddha statues. He has a great time bantering with the locals. I took a nap while they were out. We ate dinner downstairs. They know us by name now. There are a couple of more families here from other agencies adopting children. All of he kids are so beautiful!

Kurt is downstairs now with a man from another family hanging out with the bartender. They have become good friends. Kurt is learning a lot about the Vietnamese work ethic from the bartender and other people that work at the hotel.

Ava is sleeping and I should consider doing the same. We don't have any adoption appointments tomorrow so I think we are going to walk around town a little bit and experience some of the sights mentioned in the Vietnam Guides we purchased when we were in the States.

We miss you.

No comments: