Last night was a good night. Ava slept from 8:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. That means we were able to sleep also :).
Since we were all rested we all woke up at 7:30. We ate the breakfast buffet and she was a hit at the restaurant. After a very happy vocal morning we took a bath and then thought we were going sight seeing in the afternoon. But, just as Ava was going down for a nap, Martin called and we needed to go to the SOS clinic for our medical check-up. Two families had canceled so we were able to get in today... We got back to our room around 4:00. Ava's bronchitis is gone and her head looks a lot better. She is even growing some hair back already. She has very sensitive skin so we have directions on how to work with that. She may have a tendency toward hip dysplasia so we need to have that checked and worked on when we are in the States. We are told it is very treatable. She was a very good girl. Once again her stories made all the adults laugh.
Today we heard from the family with Vietnamese twins in Syracuse. They are good. They recommended a place for pizza in Hanoi, so we ordered in and we are having a quiet night. The pizza was good and it was nice not to have balance Ava while eating. Someone asked why we are not putting her in a high chair - she is not big enough yet and does not have the head control. But give us a few more weeks and she will be right there in a high chair with the rest of the kids.
Well - I should give Dad a break and go play with Ava. Have a great day/night.
6 comments:
I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy reading your daily blogs. I have made it part of my morning routine.
Ava is gorgeous, and together you all make a beautiful family.
Best regards,
Heather Hedges
Meg:
I've been reading your post daily! I'm so happy for you and your family. You look amazing and radiate a mother's love!!!
All my best,
Christine Pupek
Kurt, Meg, and Ava,
The pictures are very nice. It's nice you get to go site see so you can share with Ava how beautiful her native land is. We are anxiously awaiting your arrival home.
All our love,
Anthony, Lynn, and Emily
A good night's sleep!!!! Ahhhhhhh. Iam SO enjoying reading the blog each day - and am glad to hear that health-wise, Ava's bronchitis is gone and the other minor issues are improving and will be fine. Take care of yourselves.
Love,
Nan
Meg,Kurt and Ava,
Thank you so much for the photo's of the hotel. It makes it nice to be able to see where you are. It is a very nice Hotel. I am so glad that you are getting to explore a little. Kurt is going to be an expert on this culture. Ava will be able to ask him anything. She is such a little sweetheart. Glad to hear she slept all night. I wondered about the high chair but thought maybe they didn't have them there. Thanks for sharing all this, it has made it so nice for all of us. I actually think it would be encouraging for people who want to adopt to see what you have to do. Let's hope all those sweet little babies find good homes.
Love Neeca
Hi to all of you, I really like the looks of your hotel, and yes the little girl also! We are in the deep freeze now let me tell you, -1 with a wind chill of -26!! I just got home from work, we had do do a visual outside no less on a Precision Approach Path Indicator Light for one of our clients. It was snowing hard and blowing. 2-5 inches predicted, enjoy the weather. Take care and Bye for now.
Post a Comment