This is the first weekend in a long time that at the end of it Ava was not switching houses. I sincerely enjoyed not caring how hard it was snowing outside today - other than having to clear the driveway so I could get out on Monday. She didn't wake up until 7:30 and then hung around in my bed until 8:30 - usually we are down stairs eating by 7. We stayed in pj's until we went outside at noon and then changed back into them when we came in. We both took a nap in the recliner after all the cocoa, sledding, and snow blowing. We had oatmeal, made pizza, had hot chocolate (twice), we even made cookies - this is the kind of day I had always dreamed of having with my daughter. Topi even participated in the tickle attacks, ball tosses, and "you can't catch me" runs around the house. Her language is amazing we are actually having little conversations (debates), after the hot chocolate she said "this is delicious", a grammy B phrase. She had a full conversation with my mom about her new hair cut and what was happening in the book she had in her lap - I am in awe.
So - here are pictures of our day in the snow and our new house.



our fire hydrant - I was more worried about getting that uncovered today... then getting out my driveway.
Enjoying hot chocolate in my PJ's with mommy. A perfect day in Mommy's book.
3 comments:
That sounds like a perfect day in my book too! You have needed a quiet day like that. But just LOOK at all that snow!
If Kurt thinks he can find a more perfect day then this on earth he is crazy and unappreciative of what God has given him.It sounds like my perfect day and I am glad you got to spend this kind of day with Ava. You deserve it because you seem to appreciate the daily little things in life that mean so
much.
Keep your chin up. It will get easier as every day goes by.
I would love to follow along with your new blog. I followed along with your journey to Ava from the beginning and would like to continue to follow. My email is : kayakheather@hotmail.com
What a great day... gotta love those rare moments of staying in our pj's and finding time to take naps!!!
Post a Comment