The purpose of this blog… Originally I created it to inform our family and friends about our journey to adoption. Then I realized I could add to it when in Vietnam, so it was our primary communication tool with family, friends, and families waiting to travel to Vietnam for adoption. Upon returning home I thought I would stop because I had documented or travel journey, but it seemed like there were meaningful milestones that I should keep documenting for Ava, family and friends. We also had several people interested in adopting from Vietnam who were following our activities to educate themselves about the process – which has changed significantly in the last two years. As a matter of fact, Vietnam adoptions are closed to the U.S. again. I also realized that there were steps to the adoption that would take about six more months to complete. Her US adoption was July 5th, 2007. In addition, I learned that I could turn my blog into a book for one of Ava’s keepsakes fairly easily – when the correct time arrived. Over the last year the blog has been written with Ava as my goal audience and with my close friends and family in mind. The last week I have spent time thinking about my vision for the Ava Linh blog in 2009. Should I be honest with her about how hard the last six months have been or what the next period of life will be like adjusting to life as it is currently – I am not sure.
Several people contacted me after my last entry and said they were surprised by the separation news and had gone back in the blog to see if I had mentioned we were having trouble earlier. I had not – but if you look closely, there are lots of pictures and if I did blog, it was the moments that we worked very hard to do together so she will hopefully have a few firsts that she can say mom and dad both participated in. It is quite hard for me to write in the blog right now because I look back and can not imagine that I am where I am and that Kurt has made the decisions he has made. So, for Ava I will write in this blog until “Ava Day”(the date that I met my daughter in person and adopted her. Two years ago in Vietnam – January 15th). On that day, I met the true love of my life and the person that gives me purpose. After the 15th, I will move my writing to a new blog that focuses on the new adventures of Mommy and Ava. I will also ask for people to sign in, in order to view it because it may become more personal as time goes on.
5 comments:
I truly admire your strength. And I think it's a wonderful idea to start a new Mommy & Ava blog. You're doing a great job!!!
(And I would love to keep up with Miss Ava)
She is quite the beauty.
I'd love to follow along too. You were one of my very first blogs that I read. I am sorry that you are going thru this. You are doing a great job. I was a single mom when my oldest was little. I
We are very close because of it.
Hang in there.... As a single mom I can tell you that it will get easier. You will be amazed at how strong you actually are and what you can accomplish on your own. Your daughter will benefit from your strength and independence. Accept your current situation and embrace it. Please don't feel like a failure...accept the challenge, learn from it,move on and grow! I'd love to follow along on your journey & provide any support you need.
"On that day, I met the true love of my life and the person that gives me purpose." You could not say it any more perfect.
I truly admire your strength during these hard times and having been there myself know how truly hard this is. Ava will keep you going on days you don't want to go on anymore. A year from now you will look back and be in a totaly different place then you are today. It will be a better place, Trust me. You just have to get there one day at a time.
Thank you to eveyone who wished me support - through the blog and through my email address.
Meg
Post a Comment