Monday, April 30, 2007
We did not qualify for early intervention - it is a good thing!
It is official, at eight months Ava is not experiencing any developmental delays. It is one thing as her parents to believe that Ava is progressing wonderfully, and it is even better to hear that the specialists agree. We think that she is pretty awesome when she waves at us and claps her hands when she is proud of herself. She still does not crawl in a conventional manner but sort of scoots to an item that she can pull herself up on. She can say "dadadada" and makes great spit bubbles and clicking noises. Now that she is starting to get a little bit bigger she is fitting into some of the outfits we received from friends and looks adorable! Kurt and I love that the weather is finally allowing us to go outside with Ava. Last weekend we walked around the Ithaca Commons and this weekend we took the dogs and Ava for a walk in the park. I was originally against Kurt's idea to get a Kelty baby carrier but he was right - it is easier to walk both dogs or maneuver in a store without the stroller. I guess each product has it's place but babies sure do come with a lot of stuff. We just took the baby seats with carriers out of the cars and now are using the "big girl seat" - this weekend I missed just letting her sleep in the carrier when we got home - I finally understand why people drive around or just sit in the car while their baby sleeps. Well, I should get going. Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! That is great news! We can't wait to see her again. Hopefully sometime this month or next.
Love ya
Laur and Nate
Super news Meg and Kurt! Enjoy this nice weather.
These really are amazing babies, aren't they.
What a great update!
Best,
Ed and Peggy and Luc and Maisie
Post a Comment