It has been an interesting week or so. Kurt was pretty (actually very) sick, so Ava and I were not able to spend time with him for over a week. I have a new appreciation for single mothers. Grandma Belva came out for the weekend to help us out.
Last Thursday Ava had a well pediatrician visit. She had more shots - but this time she did not cry for as long as she did last time. She falls within the American growth charts for her age. She is 24 inches and weighs 15 pounds. All tests done at the last appointment had good results.
Tonight we met with a child development specialist. We are planning to have Ava assessed so that we have a baseline to work with as she moves forward in her life.
I also read that some of the families that I have been following while they were in Vietnam are heading home soon - congrats! Tomorrow morning we meet with our attorney to start the re-adoption process.
Ava continues to improve her sitting, reaching and stage two eating skills. She likes the jolly jumper and is a lot of fun to watch. She pulled herself up from a sitting position with her crib railing the other day - so we had to adjust her crib before putting her bed that night.
5 comments:
I hope Kurt is feeling better. Wonderful update on Ava!
I'm glad Ava is doing well! I love following your blog because Ava is just too cute for words!
still enjoying the blog and staying up to date on Ava. Glad things are going well, she is as cute as ever! Kurt-hope you are feeling better...nate has been sick also. Talk to you guys soon
love
laur
Hope Kurt is feeling better. Any plans to come to Westchester this spring? Can't wait to meet Ava!
Meg and Kurt--
We made it home today.
Now we have to look ahead to those same appointments.
Thank you for your support these last weeks.
Best,
Ed and Peggy
Post a Comment