Thursday, May 10, 2007

Re-adoption moving forward...

Earlier this week we met with our lawyer to sign all of the paperwork needed to apply to the Cortland County Surrogate's Court for our re-adoption of Huong (Ava). I should probably mention to you again the reason that we are completing this process - it is so we can legally change her name from Huong Thi Nguyen to Ava Linh Crowningshield and so we can have a birth certificate generated in the U.S.A. with our names listed as her parents. Each State handles this process differently.

I understand why we are doing this but I am really ready to be done with the "adoption paper chase"... How many prints of fingerprints and criminal checks can any one person/government need in less than a year. If we are cleared for international adoption why can't more of the past clearances suffice - she is already our daughter... At least we are not having to deal with citizenship paperwork since Kurt and I both went to Vietnam to pick her up. I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

On the home front - we are all good. It is great to continue to hear good things from the families that traveled with us and the others that we have met online since returning home. Happy Mothers Day to all the new moms and mom's waiting to travel!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU! :)

-- Heather Hedges

Anonymous said...

A Happy Mother's Day to you!!!
Hope to see you all soon.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

happy mothers day meg
i know that you have waited
a long time for this
maryann and family

nan said...

Wishing you the most wonderful first of many Mother's Days! Hold that dear girl, look into her eyes, and see your very own self! What a feeling. Lots of love to you three!