This was a weekend full of friendships.
We had dinner with Drew, O and their parents. This was the first time that I was able to see new baby Drew (he shares my birthday). Ava really enjoyed the homemade pizza, running with O, and playing with O's cool kitchen.
On Sunday we spent the day at mom & dad C's. The C's are a big influence in my life because I basically lived at their house from 9th grade through a few years after graduate school. Many of my Christian traditions (that I hope Ava will enjoy celebrating) were learned through my relationship with the C's and their friends. We shared stories of Stevie and Ava made us smile. Ava also got to meet Syb & Lyle, two other people that had a big impact on my life.
Mommy's lesson of the week - Ava reminded me that I need to be careful how often I use "no" when she strung a bunch of unrelated words together with no between each -"no baby, no dog, no up, no dada, no hat, no meow".
No comments:
Post a Comment