Friday, December 22, 2006

We will be in Hanoi on January 14th

We received a wonderful call today! We leave for Hanoi on January 12th. I contacted a couple of travel agents today and should have the flights firmed up soon.

Family Connections/World Child shared the contact information with us of some other families from NY state that we be traveling to Vietnam at the same time. I am looking forwarding to speaking with them & I will have time to do that since I don't have to work next week. Actually, I just may need to sneak in to do some work next week since I was a bit distracted this afternoon.

A family that we know from Syracuse is currently in Hanoi adopting their twins. They are waiting for confirmation of a date for when they can travel back home. They were hoping to be home in time to celebrate Christmas with their daughter and extended family. It looks like they will be lucky to be home for New Years. Please keep them in your prayers and good thoughts!

I will let you know more information when we have it. Peace be with you! Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

Brad and Raegan said...

I'm so happy for you guys. We are adopting from Thai Nguyen too. I'd love to chat with you about your timeline. Email me at raegandoucet@cox.net whenever you get a chance.

Raegan

nan said...

Meg and Kurt,
Wonderful news.... and a great Christmas present to have a travel date and to have time to get ready. You will be in our thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Nan