Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to Mommy


I received my first "Happy Birthday Mommy" card. Actually Kurt got me a mommy card last year because we knew that we were going to Vietnam to adopt Ava in the next month or so... but at the time I was sad because I longed to be with Ava. This morning, when I tiredly walked downstairs to give her breakfast, I found a special card from Ava on her high chair. I reflected for a second on last November and then watched in awe as my little girl fed herself oatmeal and mushed oatmeal all over the very cute card. She is such an awesome miracle. It took me 40 years to become a "mama", so my 41st birthday has been very special. Thank you to my husband who served us dinner by the fireplace, my daughter who loves to say "mama" and my family and friends that took the time to recognize my special day. Oh - her newest trick - climbing...

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday!! I thought your blog was being shut down so I haven't been checking!!! What a surprise to see you had posts and pictures! Ava is a real beauty :) Hopefully we will get to meet her soon!!